Square feet area of platform is determined by net inside area.
1lb = 0.454 kg
1ft2= 9.29 E-2m2
Class of Loading DefinitionsASME A17.1 code requirements for minimum rated capacity are as follows:
• Class A (General Freight Loading) — 50 lbs. per sq. ft.• Class B (Motor Vehicle Loading) — 30 lbs. per sq. ft.• Class C-1 (Industrial Truck Loading – truck carried by elevator) — 50 lbs. per sq. ft., but not less than load, including weight of truck.
• Class C-2 (Industrial Truck Loading – truck is normally used for loading and unloading only and is not usually carried by elevator) — for elevators of 20,000 lbs. capacity or less
capacity shall equal the weight of the loaded truck — maximum load on platform during
loading and unloading not exceed 150% of rated load.
• Class C-3 (Other loading with heavy concentrations where truck is not usually used) — 5 – lbs. per. sq. ft., but not less than load.
Download Available Information
Standard Freight Cab Features
- MEI cabs are manufactured using 14-gauge steel.
- Standard wall panels are 24″ sections for ease of installation.
- Powder coat finish is available in a wide range of colors.
- #4 Stainless Steel finishes is also available upon request.
- Wall bumpers are available in wood, steel and stainless steel.
- Fluorescent lights are recessed into the canopy.
- Finished floors are available in a variety of materials, including checkerplate steel and hardwood.
- Ceiling and wall panel seams match on standard 24″ panels.
The MEI Freight Cab Advantage
- Each cab is custom-built based on project requirements.
- Doors and gates from all major suppliers can be accommodated.
- Wall panels are interchangeable for ease of installation.
- Canopy panels are interchangeable for ease of installation.
- Wall and canopy panels are individually replaceable if damaged.
Standard Freight Cab Sizes